Home ›› Students ›› Advising & Testing

2015-2016 Testing Calendar

College Health and Safety


FPC Advising

  • Need Academic Advising?
  • Need to get an advisor?
  • Need to change advisors?

See Krista Wilson, Director of Student Central on the second floor of the library building.
806.457.4200 Ext. 742 or email

Testing Services

Frank Phillips College is a state and national testing site for the:

  • American College Test (ACT)--pick up registration packets from your high school counselor or register online at www.act.org. Testing dates available at FPC are listed on the website.  Testing fee is prepaid to ACT.
  • TSI Testing. TSI has replaced the ACCUPLACER test. Requirement for testing are : Photo ID, testing fee of $10.00 per section. Please know which test you are required to take before coming to the testing area. Please prepare to stay at least 2 hours per test section. Sections are not times and you determine how long testing will take to complete.
  • GED Testing. To register for the GED test please go to www.ged.com. Testing fee is $33.75 per individual section. Payment is required at the time of registration. Testing dates and times are available by calling 806.457.4200 ext 777.

          Documents Required for testing:
  • Be a Texas resident or a member of the armed forces stationed in Texas
  • Be 18 years of age or older and not enrolled in school.
  • ID must be a state issued (example: Current Drivers License, passport).
  • Additional age requirements for testing can be found at the TEA website below:


    Need to "brush up" before taking the GED? GED classes are offered at Frank Phillips College during the fall and spring semesters. Registration is required. There is no charge for the class but space is limited. For more information about GED classes, call 457-4200 Ext. 777.

    Helpful websites to prepare for the test with sample questions for GED, TSI and other tests: www.testpreview.com and www.wtamu.edu

    Transfer 101

    The website www.transfer101.orgis packed with user friendly information and step by step instructions on how to successfully transition from community college to universities.

    Many students begin their college careers at a community college, like Frank Phillips College, knowing that they will eventually transfer to a university to finish a bachelor’s degree. If this is your future, we want to help you choose Frank Phillips College courses that will transfer and count toward your university.

    It’s important to remember that specific majors have specific requirements. Many times, you can find this information on the website for the university you plan to attend;counselors and other advisors can help you make these decisions as well. Sometimes, students don’t realize that there is a difference between transferability and applicability. In other words, courses may transfer to a university, but not apply to the major you have chosen. For instance, if you begin your college career intending to major in History and then later switch to Business, many of the courses that you completed for the History degree will transfer and apply, but some will not. Many majors have specific course requirements, as do most universities.

    Until you know what you are majoring in and where you want to complete your degree the counseling and advising staff will recommend that you take basic classes that transfer well to universities. The more specific you can be will help both you and our advising staff to serve you better.

    If you are transferring hours from another institution to Frank Phillips College, please provide updated transcripts when meeting with your advisor..

Frank Phillips College © 2011 -- Frank Phillips is an equal opportunity community college
P.O. Box 5118 • Borger, TX 79008-5118 • Phone: 806-457-4200